The Best Ways to Whitelist Email Address to Ensure Delivery
The Best Ways to Whitelist Email Address
With email programs like Gmail providing tabs to autonomously sort your mailbox, whitelisting your preferred email addresses has never been more crucial for everyone who uses email. Here are some important tips on how to ensure important emails don’t skip your inbox.
Have you ever waited for an email and became upset when you couldn't locate it, only to discover it under the incorrect tab? While email clients continually update their algorithms and employ artificial intelligence to enhance the functionality of their tabs, they aren't flawless. This is where the concept of whitelisting comes into play.
Learning how to whitelist your preferred email accounts is a time-saving inbox solution that will improve the efficiency of your inbox.
What Is an Email Whitelist?
Whitelisting is assigning an email address to a list of permitted senders so that emails from that address are never filtered as spam. Instead, when a receiver adds an email address to their whitelist, they verify that they are familiar with and trust the sender. This instructs an email server to send messages straight to the inbox. That's all there is to it.
Consider the following scenario: You subscribe to the Upper Limits newsletter - your favorite cannabis accessory store and receive a follow-up email with a coupon code. By adding Upper Limits email addresses to your whitelist, you may ensure that future messages, important account notifications, and order information from Upper Limits are not intercepted by your spam filter and arrive in your inbox as expected.
How Can I Whitelist My Favorite Email Addresses?
Whitelisting is not complicated, but it may take a few attempts if you haven't done it before. The procedure varies depending on the email client. Here are some whitelisting techniques for a handful of the most common email clients to make this process easier for you.
How to Whitelist Email Addresses on Gmail
There are several ways to whitelist email addresses on Gmail, including:
Creating a Filter
- Open Gmail and go to "Settings" by clicking on the gear symbol.
- Select "Filters and blocked addresses" from the drop-down menu.
- Select "Create a new filter" after scrolling through all of your existing filters.
- In the "From" section, type the email address you wish to whitelist.
- Select the "Never send to spam" box.
- Click "Create Filter."
The email address will be added to the whitelist successfully!
Adding Email Addresses to Safe Senders List
To add email addresses to Gmail's safe sender list, mark them as "Not Spam." To do this:
- Go to "Spam."
- Open the email address you want to mark as not spam.
- Select the "Not Spam" button.
Adding Email Addresses to your Gmail Contacts
Here is how to add email addresses to your Gmail contacts:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Open the email address you want to add to your contacts.
- Select the three dots icon usually located near the bottom in the Gmail add-on panel located on the right side of the screen.
- Click add to contacts.
- The email address will be added immediately.
Adding Email Addresses Using Google Contacts
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click on the apps menu.
- From the drop-down box, select "Contacts."
- Click on "Create Contact."
- Enter the contact you want.
- Select "Save."
How to Whitelist Email Addresses in Outlook
To whitelist email addresses in Outlook, follow these steps:
Examine the Junk Folder
Search your Junk Email inbox regularly to ensure that essential communications do not wind up there. If an email from a sender you want to whitelist ends up in your spam folder, it's easy to fix.
To see the email's body,
- Choose "Show content."
- Select "Mark as Safe."
All future emails will then go to your inbox.
Add Email Addresses to the Safe Senders List.
To get started:
- Go to Home.
- Select Junk.
- Choose Junk Email.
- Make sure the option next to automatically add a person's email to the Safe Senders list is marked on the Safe Senders page.
The marked addresses will automatically be whitelisted.
How to Whitelist Email Addresses on Apple Mail
Whitelisting isn't an option in Apple Mail like in some other email clients. Instead, designate an item as "Not Junk," which will be delivered to your email. Here's how to do it:
- Go to the Mailboxes page in your Mail app.
- Choose the Junk folder from the drop-down menu.
- Swipe left to view choices for the email you wish to whitelist.
- Select More from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Mark option.
- Select the Mark as Not Junk option from the drop-down menu.
Whitelist Our Email Addresses Today to Make Sure You Receive Important Order and Account Information, and Notifications.
Hopefully, the above step-by-step instructions have addressed any challenges you had with whitelisting Upper Limits email addresses.
To learn more about our cannabis accessory products, reach out to us or visit our store in Springfield, Illinois. Experience better customer service with Upper Limits.