Write For Us - The Upper Limits Blog
Write For Us - Guest Posting Guidelines for the Upper Limits Blog
Thanks for your interest in the Upper Limits blog! We love guest posts because they allow us to provide a diverse range of topics and expert insights for our readers. We do, however, get a lot of inquiries, and we can’t accept them all! But these guidelines will help give you a rundown of what we look for.
Please Note: We do not charge for backlink blog posting, we just ask for a link exchange, from your site to ours. We also ask that any backlinks be industry-related sites.
About the Upper Limits Blog
The Upper Limits Blog has been a go-to resource for the Cannabis and vape community. Here are some things to know!
Our audience: Cannabis enthusiasts, cannabis cultivators, business owners, or medical Cannabis patients looking to learn about Cannabis, cannabinoids, and Cannabis-related products. Particularly for small to medium-sized businesses and marketing agencies. Please note that our audience is age-restricted to 21+.
Our tone: Our blog is authoritative, informative, friendly, professional, and sometimes relaxed, witty, or persuasive depending on the topic but always fun or interesting to read. Conversational writing is our style—think approachable expert.
Our topics include: Cannabis cultivation | Cannabis processing | CBD | Delta 8 THC & other Cannabinoids | Cannabinoid Education | Endocannabinoid System | Endocannabinoid health | Cannabis products | E-commerce | Glassblowing | Industry news, conversation | Guides and How-To’s | Product/Company spotlights | State & Federal Regulations | Vape advocacy | Counter culture | Pro tips | Product or category guides | Q & A's | And much more
Our posts: We publish a wide variety of post types, including (but not limited to!):
- New or different angles on common topics.
- How-to guides/tutorials for products and techniques.
- Lists of tips and tools.
- Industry trends, data, and insights.
- Vertical-specific advice.
Guest post requirements
We love guest posts, but we do get many requests on a daily basis. As such, Upper Limits only accepts posts that are high-quality, timely, accurate, actionable, original, and resonate with our audience. Here are some best practices that will help us to respond to you faster and, if your topic is a go, get it published sooner. We do not charge for backlink blog posting, we just ask for a link exchange, from your site to ours. We also ask that any backlinks be industry-related sites.
1. Familiarize yourself with the industry and Upper Limits Blog.
Please do this! To get a feel for not only our but also our basic format (short intros, lots of headings and subheadings, short paragraphs, value-adding images, etc.). Read a few posts in full, and then do some skimming and exploring other similar blogs.
2. Check to see if we’ve covered your topic already
We’ve been around for over a decade, so this is a must! If we have covered your topic, we may still be interested if you can offer something more up-to-date or approach it with a fresh angle or different perspective.
The best way to see if we’ve covered your topic is to do a site search on Google: site:upperlimitsinc.com [topic]
This search operator is your best friend. Do not include the brackets in your actual search.
3. Article requirements.
Here’s what we want.
- Sufficient length: 600 - 1,500 words
- Short intro: 150 words. Introduce your topic and then tell the reader what the post will cover.
- Friendly tone: conversational, not corporate but professional.
- High quality: original, actionable, well organized, and must be accurate! We highly recommend using Grammarly or Wordtune.
- Skimmability: headings, subheadings, short paragraphs
- Images: screenshots, graphs, charts, concept illustrations, images
- NO STOCK IMAGES. A meme or two is okay when it fits. Images that don’t belong to us/you need to be cited via “Image source”
anchor text under each image.
- Backlinks: No more than 3 per post and must be related to the topic.
- Short bio: 1-3 sentences, can include links to your website or social accounts.
Here’s what we DON’T want.
- Thin content that demonstrates a lack of depth of knowledge on a topic.
- Fluff: Redundant, filler words, uses many words to say little.
- Overly promotional content.
- Unrelated links or links to unrelated industry websites.
- Previously published or sponsored content.
- Duplicate content. Any content that has been published elsewhere. It really needs to be original to our blog.
- Stock images. (Worth mentioning again.)
- Ai Plagiarism
We would not be interested in any backlinks to:
-An unrelated vertical
-A site with very low DR
-A direct competitor
What you can expect.
We get a large volume of correspondence, so please be patient with us throughout the process.
- Pitch response: If your pitch is chosen, we’ll do our best to respond within 1-2 weeks. Please follow up in three weeks if you haven’t heard from us.
- Outline: Once we nail down the topic and title, we will request an outline. If the outline is approved, you can start drafting.
- Draft: If the draft meets our quality standards, we’ll move on to editing. [If the draft does not meet our quality standards (i.e., it is thin content and/or cannot be improved without heavy edits), we will let you know that we cannot move forward with the post.
- Edits: We will edit the content to align with our standards and style. If we need anything on your end— a better quality image, a change to a section, or further elaboration on something, we’ll let you know.
- Publishing: Depending on the level of edits needed and our content calendar needs, your post could get published anywhere from 1-4 weeks after you’ve submitted it. This can be longer if we are particularly backlogged.
Ready to pitch?
Send an email to [email protected]
Here’s what to include:
- [GUEST PITCH] in the subject line
- A little about yourself: What experience or expertise will you be drawing from in your post?
- Proposed ideas: Topic ideas are great, but a title and ideas are even better!
- Writing samples: Please link to at least one existing publication.
- Backlinks: If you are planning to use any backlinks.